- Integration with a company’s current/existing tools: New technology is released every year and organizations can’t afford to completely re-invest on an annual basis. However, if a GPU-accelerated database solution has been built on PostgreSQL or a similar open source solution then it’s highly possible it will work seamlessly with current tech investments.
- Connecting with current visualization tools: Most analysts today have their own preferred custom visualization dashboards that they have built using their favourite tools – be it Tableau, MicroStrategy or Microsoft Power BI. If a new GPU-accelerated computing solution works easily with these visualization tools then no time is wasted rebuilding these visualizations from scratch.
- Ability to scale: GPUs are expensive, so the ability to add and remove GPU resources at will is important, scaling the processing capability to suit the highs and lows of seasons or needs. That can help it reduce them to reduce overall data processing costs.
- Because it is based on PostgreSQL, Brytlyt integrates easily with legacy systems making it easy to onboard and offers performance gains right out of the box
- Brytlyt offers a full suite of functionality because it’s based on PostgreSQL, and there’s no need to spend time learning a new tool.
Our CEO, Richard Heyns, was recently interviewed by Business Reporter to discuss the options available today for companies looking to get real-time insights and extract huge value from their data assets by using GPU-powered databases.
Below is the video as well as the extract of the interview. You can see the video and interview on Business Reporter here.
Why Can’t Companies Process Data Quickly Enough?
Databases today are storing ever-larger amounts of data and analysts are trying to extract ever-more sophisticated insights from them. Unfortunately, running complicated queries on large datasets puts a lot of stress on the underlying databases, which in turn become slower and perform sub-optimally.
A GPU accelerated database like Brytlyt can analyze a billion-row dataset in milliseconds. The Brytlyt solution combines the speed of Graphic Processing Units (GPUs) with patent-pending IP, making it more than 300 times faster than traditional databases. Which means a query that takes fives hours to run on a traditional database will take only a minute to run on Brytlyt.
The Benefits Of Using A GPU Database Like Brytlyt
A company that adopts a GPU database will see gains on both their top line performance by increase revenues and realizing new business opportunities and bottom line performance by increasing margins and improving efficiencies.
With a GPU database, an analyst can now see trends and identify problems in real time, helping a company better respond to both challenges and opportunities. Because a GPU database dramatically reduces query runtime analysts are now empowered to go further and deeper with their investigations than ever before and discovering meaningful and actionable insights.
What should a company looking to get a GPU database should focus on:
A company looking to implement a GPU database should evaluate if the solution integrates with their current tech investments and if it can help them achieve performance gains right out of the box. The following are the key signs to look for:
How Brytlyt is differentiated from the competition
Brytlyt is a GPU Accelerated Database that combines the power of GPU’s with its patent-pending IP making it one of the most advanced GPU Databases today. Its based on PostgreSQL and can query billion row datasets in milliseconds.
How Brytlyt focuses on data security
Because Brytlyt is based on PostgreSQL, it offers the full clock of security offered by the platform. PostgreSQL has been around for many years, and as a result, it has effectively plugged gaps and holes in its security, meaning Brytlyt is built on very secure foundations.